Home automation is the residential extension of building automation. It is automation of the home, housework or household activity. Home automation may include centralized control of lighting, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), appliances, security locks of gates and doors and other systems, to provide improved convenience, comfort, energy efficiency and security
Why automate your home?
The simple answer is just to make life easier. We invented TV remote controls so we didn't have to get out of the chair to change the channel. Some people now own complex media systems that require the owner to press 10 different buttons on 5 remotes just to watch Movie.
What if you could:
- Press one button on a remotecontrol and have it dim the lights, set the volume level, and start playing a movie and music which you desire .
- Automatically turn the lights on in the house when the garagedoor goes up and it's after sundown.
- Automatically turn the front porch lights on 1/2 hour before sundown everyday (and automatically adjust for daylight savings).
- Automatically close thegarage doors every night.Automatically turn on holiday lights at specific times (all at once).
- The full list is limited and a family's lifestyle.